Data Center Infrastructure Navigator (DCIN) is a DCIM-class (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) system which helps to maintain up to date documentation of physical infrastructure for many, geographically distributed data center facilities.
DCIN supports fundamental processes which are on-going in each data center, i.e.:
- capacity management,
- configuration management,
- change management,
- event management,
- incident management,
- problem management.
It is also possible to:
- define maintenance schedules for all, registered physical infrastructure elements,
- gather operational documentation (i.e.: operational procedures, access lists), design documentation (i.e.: room layouts, electrical installations diagrams), implementation documentation (i.e.: patching schedules for cabling), post-completion documentation (i.e.: results of periodical measurements of electrical installations, source codes of BMS, versioned firmware files for IT, supervision or measuring/control devices); post-maintenance protocols, post-failure reports, maintenance recommendations etc. The documentation can be stored in practically all possible data formats.
In result DCIN system combines DCIM, CMMS (Continuous Maintenance Management System) and DMS (Document Management System) features.
- Room/floor layout
DCIM system is:
- Designed and developed with simplicity in mind.
- Based on proven mechanisms of MS Windows operating system (file server, security).
- Using popular and stable technologies (.NET, SMB, MS SQL Server).
- Easy in use.
- Flexible when it comes to customization according to user requirements.
- DCIN is a client-server system, utilizes “fat client” architecture and does not contain all the disadvantages of “thin client” architecture (especially like browsers incompatibilities regarding W3C standards or issues with transferring a huge amount of files between user workstation and file sever).
- Continuously developed.